Sunday, April 1, 2007

House News

I just want to let you all know the latest news on our house. Our contingency was up on March 25th. Our current house didn't sell by then (but we had potential buyers), so our contract with Beazer was up. We still could've received an offer and then made one on the new house, so I was giving us this week for that to happen. Our current house went off the market on March 30, and we had a showing on March 31. Those people didn't like the floorplan, but we still had the couple who were at the last open house. Their realtor went out of town this weekend so we were waiting to hear Monday from them.

We signed our cancellation papers with Beazer today and found out the new house was already sold. It took less than a week! We knew it would sell fast, but not that fast. So now I'm completely bummed, feeling like the last nine months of getting this house ready (and seven on the market) were a complete waste of my time. Yes, the house is more organized and cleaned out, but it could've been spent making the house better for us rather than trying to appeal to other people. There is no nursery and I'm due in seven weeks. I just worked my butt off, cleaning the entire house and the floors (on my hands and knees) once or twice a week. Trying to keep this house clean with two dogs, a toddler, and a bulging belly? Yeah, not so easy...

Please don't tell me that it just wasn't meant to be or not in God's plan... I know that may be true and that things happen for a reason, but I just really don't need to hear that. I've already dealt with that kind of pain this last year with my miscarriage, and after finally convincing myself that it did happen for a reason I don't need to go through it again. I had a plan too and I hate that it didn't work out.

So now onto trying to figure out how to make this house work. There just isn't enough storage, especially since we're losing the guest room (and the closet we use for the office). It is big enough and is a great house, I was just looking forward to much more extra space... especially the third car garage, extra living room, and walk-in closets in every bedroom! BUT it's too close to baby time to keep our house on the market with no potential house... and by the time I'll be ready to deal with trying to sell again it will be bad selling months again, so looks like we'll be here another year. :( I was so ready to move...

No comments: