Friday, April 6, 2007

Quick Baby Update

Went to the doctor this morning for my bi-weekly checkup. I'll be 34 weeks along on Monday. I had my first stress test done today, and I think it was more stress on me! They hook two things up to my belly -- one measures baby's heartrate and one measures if I have any contractions. Lauren cooperated very well and they got a good readout in 15 minutes (it can sometimes take 45 minutes). Her heartrate was 153 most the time and she was moving around during most of the test. I, however, did not do so well! The nurse had me on my back and my blood pressure dropped making me hot and lightheaded. The doctor came in and said that I should have been put on one side since this happens, gave me some cold water, and did the rest of my exam while I was lying on my side. She said I'm still growing well, and doesn't think that the cord only having two vessels is going to be a problem at all. I go back in another two weeks, and then most likely every one week after that. I'll have a stress test done each time, but now I know to make them have me lie on one side!!

Some very good news is that the doctor is pretty confident that Lauren is head down because of where they found the heartbeat. She's been this way for the past couple weeks, and I thought she had turned because of how her movements had changed. That makes me feel great because it means she's getting more ready to come out!! Six weeks (maybe less) to go!!

No comments: