Tuesday, April 24, 2007

36-Week Checkup

I had my 36-week checkup today, and baby is doing very well. I had another stress test and although I felt she wasn't as active as normal the doctor was very pleased. He said her heartrate goes up when she is active, and that's what they're looking for -- the fluctuations in the test are good. He advises pregnant women to count ten movements in six hours, and I had more than that in the twenty or so minutes I was hooked to the machine! Lauren is quite active, and loves rolling from side to side to poke out! Matt says that my belly looks possessed with how she moves sometimes.

I had my beta strep test today and will get the results at my appointment next week. He also checked my cervix for the first time -- it was soft but not dilated, which is what he expected with four weeks until due date. He didn't measure my belly today, but feels that she is still growing well (and I concur -- I have new stretch marks... thanks, Lauren!). I'll have an ultrasound next week so we can get an idea of her weight at this point. I'm excited to see what she looks like this close to being due!

No comments: