Wednesday, May 2, 2007

When Will She Be Here?

No one can truly answer that question, but I think she'll be here anytime. She being Lauren, the growing little girl in my belly! I went for my weekly checkup today -- I'm 37 weeks, 2 days and feeling every minute of it! We had an ultrasound first, as the doctor wanted to get an estimate of her weight. Everything looks great and she's growing well. It was hard to see a lot of things because very little fit onto the screen this late in the pregnancy! We have a picture of her profile, but she kept her hand up which cast a shadow. I did see her opening and shutting her mouth, which was so cool! She is measuring 38 weeks on average and weighs about 7 lbs, 10 oz. It is smaller than I expected with the way she pokes out, but it's just the way she's sitting in there. Dr Stowell said I was lucky to only have two vessels in this case, as she could easily be a pound or so more! But she's still growing, so who knows what she'll actually be when she's born. Right now she's in the 84th percentile.

I also had the stress test today and everything was good. Her heartrate stayed lower today, even though she was moving around quite a bit. It stayed around 150 for the most part. My blood pressure was a little higher than it usually is today, at 130/82. Nothing big, just a little higher for me (but still in the normal range). Even though she is measuring 38 weeks (a week ahead), my belly is measuring 39 weeks (2 weeks ahead). See... just the way she's sitting in there! She does have long legs though...

For the great news... Last week my cervix was softened, so had just started getting ready. In a week's time, I am now 50% effaced (thinned out) and 3 cm dilated!! The doctor was super pleased, and says she could be here anytime (but we never know...). He doesn't think I'll go more than two weeks, but probably not even that. Before he left, he said if I make it he'll see me in a week. My appointment is next Tuesday, so we'll see... I think I'll make it, but it's all dependent on Lauren's urgency to get here!

(To give you some idea, I was only 1 1/2-2 cm dilated when I went to the hospital in labor with Carter (so already having contractions).... When I got to 3cm they broke my water and I had Carter 6 hrs later.)

No comments: